Английский, вариант 6 (THE MAUSOLEUM)
Good feedbacks 0
Bad feedbacks 0
I. Прочтите и переведите текст на русский язык:
At 4.05 p.m. on January 27, 1924 the two sentries who accompanied the coffin of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin to the Mausoleum stopped at the entrance, and stood motionless, facing each other. This silent guard has become a permanent feature of the Mausoleum from that time onwards. Mounds of wreaths with inscriptions in 51 languages of the world smothered the tomb.
The old Mausoleum was made of wood. The new Mausoleum constructed of marble, was built in 1930 to plans drawn up by Shchusev. The main idea remained the same, but there were rather big changes as well. Now the Mausoleum is not only a tomb and a monument, but a monument and rostrum summoning the people to life, to struggle. It is so naturally blended with the general architectural style of the square that one gets the feeling that it has always stood there. More than that, it really has become the epicentre of the great square. All of the then seven Union Republics sent different materials for facing the Mausoleum. The most valuable ones came from the Ukraine. Near Zhitomir were unique deposits of blueblack labradorite, with veins of cornflower blue, and also grey, red and black granites.
The Mausoleum – austere and majestic – adds dignity to the whole square. It stands there with its clear-cut tiered surfaces dully gleaming — a requiem and a hymn of stone. The red granite bound with the black ribbon of the labradorite, symbolizes the great sorrow of the people. But on the whole, it is the red colour, the colour of the Revolution, that prevails in the Mausoleum and the name – Lenin – gleams in a reddish colour on the dark monolith.
Millions of people have passed by the coffin of the greatest thinker and revolutionary.
II. Ответьте ни вопросы:
1. What has become a permanent feature of the Mausoleum?
2. What was the old Mausoleum made of?
3. When was the new Mausoleum built?
4. What is the Mausoleum now?
5. Who sent different materials for facing the Mausoleum?
6. Why does the red colour prevail in the Mausoleum?
III. Определите no суффиксу часть речи и переведите слова по русский язык:
receive, receiver, recently, proper, properly, property, valid, validity, valuable, value, transform, transformation, transformer, strength, strengthen, structure, structural, shortly, radial, radiation, radically.
IV. Определите функцию, форму Participle I и Participle II и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Is she having her dinner?
2. The children having their meal belong to one family.
3. Having been recognized by the people, he smiled warmly.
4. Fallen leaves are of different colours.
5. Have you finished new experiment?
V. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на выделенное слово.
1. The land oа our Motherland is beautiful.
2. The plane landed at 6 p. m.
1. Who can give me a watch for a moment?
2. They are watching the experiment; can you wait for some minutes?
1. They are used to sit round the table and listen to fair-stories of their grandmother.
2. Alter the second round he became a winner.
VI. Определите залог глагола и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. A group of new students was being shown the museum of our Technical School for two hours.
2 They make progress every day in English.
3. A pupil is praised when he works hard.
4. Each boy will be allowed a second plate of ice-cream.
5. Have you done your work?
VII. Опишите рисунок а) на стр 21, используя слова и словосочетания из текста (5-6 предложений).